BMR: 1978-1987 GM G-body Rear suspension kit, adjustable (TCA039, UTCA055, RB003)
Color: Black Hammertone
Launching harder, reducing wheel hop, and adding cornering consistency to your 1978-1987 GM G-body is easy with a Rear Suspension Kit from BMR Suspension. Stock stamped steel control arms with soft rubber bushings deflect under load and absorb power instead of transferring it to the tires. BMR’s polyurethane, non-adjustable Rear Suspension Kit (RSK028) consists of non-adjustable lower control arms, on-car adjustable upper control arms, and control arm reinforcement braces. The lower control arms are manufactured from heavy-duty 1.50-inch diameter, 0.120-inch wall, DOM steel tubing, the lower control arms provide all the strength you’ll need for any performance application. The upper control arms are manufactured from 1.25-inch diameter, 0.120-inch wall, DOM steel tubing, strong enough for any compression load. The center adjuster is CNC-machined from chrome-moly steel with rolled threads for the ultimate in strength and durability. This design gives you a strong control arm that greatly improves performance. The reinforcement braces are made from 1.0-inch diameter, 0.156-inch wall, steel tubing to help reduce frame deflection. The upper and lower control arms come with greasable, 95-durometer polyurethane bushings that add a solid, more responsive feel over the stock rubber bushings. BMR’s bushings are internally fluted, which keeps grease in the bushing, even under heavy load. These flutes also direct grease to the outer edge of the bushing, keeping the thrust surface lubricated. This efficient lubrication ensures quiet, reliable operation over the life of the bushings. In addition, the reinforcement braces strengthen the upper control arm frame mounts by tying the upper mounts and lower mounts together.
BMR Suspension designed its Rear Suspension Kits to work well in street performance, drag race, and handling applications. The heavy-duty construction of the upper and lower control arms eliminate flex, giving you much improved repeatability on the street, starting line, or in the corners. BMR’s polyurethane bushings are designed to be compliant enough to give you a comfortable ride and absorb NVH, while remaining firm enough to stand up to high loads of any performance environment. The bushings easily handle the high compression loads of aggressive launches and hard acceleration, yet offer plenty of articulation for great handling. The reinforcement braces provide additional strength to the rear suspension for a more responsive driving experience. The adjustable upper control arms allow for easy pinion angle adjustment. This product is the perfect upgrade for the enthusiast looking to improve performance, while maintaining acceptable NVH levels and ride quality. When performance is a must, rely on BMR Suspension!
BMR Suspension’s Rear Suspension Kits are available in black hammertone and red powdercoat for long-lasting good looks. Installation time is about 3-4 hours. Proudly made in the U.S.A.!
Control arm hardware kit RH003 (includes upper and lower control arm hardware - Highly Recommended) is also available.
- Fits 1978-1987 GM G-bodies
- Non-adjustable design (lower control arms)
- On-car adjustable design (upper control arms)
- 95-durometer internally fluted polyurethane greasable bushings
- Zinc-coated inner sleeves
- DOM steel tubing
- 1.25-inch diameter, 0.120-inch wall, tubing upper control arms
- 1.50-inch diameter, 0.120-inch wall, tubing lower control arms
- 1.0-inch diameter, 0.156-inch wall, tubing control arm reinforcement braces
- MIG-welded lower control arms
- TIG-welded upper control arms and control arm reinforcement braces
- Drastically reduces control arm flex
- Drastically reduces bushing deflection
- Improved Performance with acceptable NVH levels
- Control arm reinforcement braces reduce frame deflection
- Designed for street performance, drag race, and road race applications
- Durable powdercoat finish
- 3-4 hour installation time
- Proudly designed in the U.S.A.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
1978 - 1987 Buick Grand National
1978 - 1987 Buick Regal
1978 - 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1978 - 1987 Chevy Malibu
1978 - 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass
1978 - 1987 Pontiac Grand Prix