Size: 340x31mm (13.5" x 1.4") Z51 Model
Rotor Wt (lbs.): 16.7 lbs complete vs. 18.0 lbs OEM
Size: 340x26mm (13.3" x 1.1")
Rotor Wt (lbs.): 14.6 lbs complete vs. 18.0 lbs OEM
Exclusive full floating design with 10.9 grade alloyed hardware. Hardware is DACRO coated and crimp locking. DACRO is highly corrosion resistant and provides a film for easier movement between the hat and rotor ring as disc expands and contracts and the crimp design provides positive engagement without rattling or torque loss at temperature.
These rotors were engineered and built by RacingBrake based on the expertise and experience we have accumulated over the past decades in brake design and casting technology. Our expertise and experience allows us to make quality parts that not only perform better but also made to fit better. For example, you will notice that our front rotor diameter is 340mm vs. OE's 345mm and thickness has been increased from from 30mm to 31mm because the pad only makes contact with a diameter of 340mm and for a rotor of this size the proper thickness is 32mm but the OE caliper is only wide enough to fit a rotor with a maximum thickness of 31mm.
RB Corvette rotors are engineered to be the best stock replacement two-piece rotors on the performance market. These rotors are direct bolt-on, easy to install, no additional hardware needed, and an excellent upgrade for better braking performance. They can deliver consistent brake torque under extreme heat, session after session. When it comes to replacement, the operating cost over the time will be lower than one-piece rotors.
Rotor Material: Racing Formula Alloyed Gray Iron & Heat treated
Machining: Open Slot
Click here to learn how RB two-piece rotors are built differently than the competition.
|Weight Savings: 3.3 lbs.
Rotor ring: D400-02
- Alloyed iron formula adds strength and heat resistance. Heat treating further improves rotor performance for a more uniform and stabilized microstructure.
The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and turbulence and makes discs cooler. (Illustration #1)
The center-mount flanges for hat mounting to the rotor ring have several benefits. (Illustration #2)
- It allows the ring to be used on either side of the vehicle simply by mounting the hat on either side of the ring (unidirectional).
- The stress load transferred from the ring to the hat is balanced.
- Air inlets are widely open to both inboard and outboard sides of the rotor. More air suctions and even temperature on both sides of the disc surface.
- Heat transfer from the disc surfaces to the hat is even and minimized by increasing the flange length and the airflow around the flanges.
- Mounting flanges are on both friction surfaces ultimately provides excellent heat balance.