WEAPON-X: ZTX Thermal Lid Spacer LT5 Supercharger [C7 Corvette ZR1, LT5]
Vendor: WEAPON-X Motorsports
The C7 Corvette ZR1 is the highest HP production vehicle, GM has ever produced for the public. It's massive Eaton 2650 TVS supercharger is a beast under that carbon cowl, and while there is a lot left on the table, this unit still suffers from a lot of heat, both from conduction on top of the engine below it, and lack of ventilation trapped under that carbon cowl above it. Why is this important? Because the intercooler bricks that the compressed air blows through to remove the heat, are located in the lid. So, the heat conducted from below on the engine soaks into the lid, thus heating up these intercooler bricks as well as the fluid that flows through it!
The simple solution is taking a half hour to install the WEAPON-X ZTX Thermal Lid Spacer! We have taken our vast experience in thermodynamics and applied this to the unit with incredible results, dropping temps in the lid by 30-40*! This spaces the existing supercharger lid up a quarter of an inch and the precision water-jetted patented composite material blocks the conductive heat transfer from below it, allowing the lid to remain cooler and thus the heat exchanged coolant running through the intercooler bricks to remain cooler as well.
Another benefit is this also creates nearly an extra cubic foot of plenum space inside of the supercharger, resulting in less turbulence, thus reducing heat and increasing thermal efficiency of the compressed air! By inserting the lid spacer, the air calms down allowing the passage through the supercharger without the unwanted turbulence. The result is a more efficient factory brick supercharger!
- Lid spacer and elongated bolts.
- Installation time est. 30m with basic tools
- Run 1 heat cycle bringing the car up to temp and retorquing the bolts.
- Composite Material is BLACK in color (original test unit was blue, pics will be updated soon)
- No tuning required!
* .5" thickness is snug on the inside of the hood gasket with the cowl; however, it works. We are nearing completion of our vented carbon fiber cowl that will also account for this extra thickness for additional cooling!
** These come in half inch sheets, so currently milling them down to .25" thickness requires extra labor.