WEAPON-X: Vented Hood Cowl - Carbon Fiber [C7 Corvette ZR1]
Vendor: WEAPON-X Motorsports
SKU: WXM51 WXM55
The C7 ZR1's engine makes some massive power; however, with this power comes a lot of heat too! Have you ever noticed how hot the carbon cowl is? In our testing, the lid of the supercharger would be approximately 145° upon shutting the engine off, and within 2 hours, it was 165° due to the heat being trapped under the insulated carbon fiber hood cowl and the conduction that occurs from the hot engine below it as it soaks up to the lid. This is extremely important because the intercooler bricks are located in the lid of the supercharger, so all of that heat gets soaked right into them and robs the overall cooling potential that could be achieved as the hot charge air passes through them.
We chose to address this in two ways to combat the heat soaking through conduction (transferred through metal on metal contact from the hot engine below) and convection (transferred through the air as the molecules move):
1. Cowl Ventilation - We integrated the C7 Stingray's hood vent into the carbon fiber cowl to allow air to extract from the top of the engine, which will help keep the engine and supercharger cooler as well with convection.
2. Thermal Lid Spacer (optional, black in color) - We made additional clearance for our thermal barrier, made from a patented material that reduced the lid temperature by over 30°!
WEAPON-X C7 ZR1 Vented Hood Cowl Features:
- Center-lined part with symmetrical carbon weave (V pattern)
- OEM matching pattern - 2:2 weave
- Plug and Play replacement
- UV clear coat
- Prepreg carbon for precision quality
- C7 Stingray style vent for maximum cooling
If not in stock, please allow an estimated 30-60 days to fulfill back-orders.
Carbon fiber requires a lot of hand work and while we strive to have our parts perfect, just like the OEM carbon fiber, there can be slight imperfections. Rest assured, these parts are as good as OEM, if not better.