WHIPPLE: 2.9L Intercooled Supercharger Competition Kit [ 2014-2015 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28 ]
ALSO AVAILABLE IN POLISHED FINISHES. PLEASE SELECT ABOVE.
• Front entry W175ax 2.9l Whipple twin-screw supercharger significantly outperforms
• Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears
• Integrated casting to minimize bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks, and flow restrictions
• Integrated Crusher venturi shaped inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation. 112mm round inlet outflows smaller inlets and allows for optional 102mm throttle bodies.
• Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core, giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allow more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
• Massive air-to-water aluminum bar plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system
• Oversized intercooled air bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
• Self contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps
• Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution
• The Whipple Tuner systems are not equipped with fuel injectors or fuel pump boosters. Allowing you to customize the supercharger system to best fit your power and modifications.
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to rear inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. While some companies make phony claims about how many bends they have, the fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. With other cold air intake systems, it's 2 less bends (1 to 3). Others just show pictures of the air tube, but forget to mention the SC inlet which makes 2 90 deg bends, while also restricting plenum volume so they can clear the firewall. The Whipple system also uses a round (round flows significantly more than oval or rectangle shapes) 112mm opening vs. other systems that utilize lower flowing rectangle opening.
Not all front inlet systems are created equal. As in typical Whipple fashion, the Whipple front inlet system is not restricted by a 93mm inlet system which severely limits your potential power gains. The Whipple SC system uses a unique 112mm round (round flows significantly more then oval or rectangle) inlet for nearly 1800cfm capacity (1200hp).