WHIPPLE: 2.9L Intercooled Supercharger Kit [ 2014 - up GM Full Size Truck & SUV 6.2L V8 ]
Vendor: WEAPON-X Motorsports
NOTE: Available in polished finishes. Please select above.
The all-new system features Whipples massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, W175FFax Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes a massive (over 3 times larger than competition) intercooler water reservoir that has over 4 gallons of capacity, aluminum high flow intake manifold and a SCT X4 for the factory ECU and transmission recalibration. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today.
• Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
• Integrated casting to minimized bolt on pieces, adapters, leaks, and flow restrictions
• Integrated Crusher venturin shaped inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation. 112mm round inlet outflows and allows for optional 102mm throttle bodies.
• Big Mouth Whipple Crusher plastic air inlet for increased velocity and lower inlet temps.
• Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core, giving lower air charge temps to allow more boost and timing to be run on pump gas.
• Massive air-to-water aluminum bar plate intercooler reservoir (over 2.5 gallons) holds more than triple other systems allowing longer, more consistent power.
• Self contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions.
• Zero turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems.
• Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution than other twin-screws.
• Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss, giving more power at lower boost levels.
• Top mount design allows for cooler operation than upside down SC's that conduct heat from the engine.
The LT1 5.3L and 6.2L use the factory fuel system to maintain proper fuel levels at peak power. A unique feature is the pre-casted injector bosses for future upgrades if needed.