WHIPPLE: 2.9L Intercooled Supercharger Competition Kit [ 2018+ Ford F150 5.0L ]
NOTE: ALSO AVAILABLE IN POLISHED FINISHES. PLEASE SELECT ABOVE.
If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power with the all new DI/PI Stage 1 and Stage 2 Supercharger systems featuring the new Gen 4 2.9L Whipple twin-screw supercharger. The Stage 1 system bolts to the factory engine with no cutting or grinding and is designed for 91 or higher octane fuel. The stage 1 system makes up to 675* tire shredding foot pounds of torque and 725* horsepower to the flywheel!
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development than Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability. Each Whipple system comes with the new Whipple flash tool which allows each customer to load the calibration into the PCM, read and erase codes, octane adjust capacity and the ability to customize wheel/axle sizes.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration using special supercharger based software (a Whipple exclusive) that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in its ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability.
Today's F150's are speed density based and coupled to a new advanced 10-speed transmission, nearly impossible to calibrate with aftermarket tools. Whipple, with its proprietary software adds a 3-bar map sensor to measure manifold pressure under boost, along with an air temp sensor to properly vary spark advance at all different rpm points. The 10-speed transmission is recalibrated to keep the engine in its peak torque range at nearly all RPM points along with keeping the offroad, tow, eco and sport modes available so the user keeps all available options. No other aftermarket calibration can adapt and learn as the Whipple calibration.
*2018-2019 5.0L F150 is legal in all 50-states.
• 4th Generation Whipple twin-screw, the most powerful supercharger available
• No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
• Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 2.3L and 2.65L roots-type systems
• 2.9L 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type & 2.9L 9% larger than the 2.65L roots-type
• Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
• Oversized Crusher inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
• Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
• Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available
• Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power
• Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
• Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
• Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
• Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
• W175ax SC bottom is open for increased plenum volume and better over-intercooler air distribution giving more intercooler effectiveness
• Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop
• Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
• Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm