WHIPPLE: [ 2011-2014 Mustang GT ] STAGE 2 (3.0L) Intercooled Supercharger Kit
NOTE: ALSO AVAILABLE IN POLISHED FINISHES. PLEASE SELECT ABOVE.
The new, direct and port injected supercharger system features the brand new Generation 5 3.0L front feed twin-screw supercharger. Not to be confused with the Gen 3 or 4, this all new supercharger features industry leading efficiency from idle to redline. All new bearings, gears, rotors and housing allow the new supercharger to spin faster, longer and safer while producing more power than any other positive displacement supercharger ever built. The new Gen 5 features an all new 3/4 rotor combination vs previous 3/5, 285 deg helix vs previous 270 deg, new bell mouth inlet, optimized discharge port and increased diameter vs length for higher efficiency.
Whipple Stage 2 Features
- Stage 1 Kit + Fuel Pump Booster and Smaller Pulley
- Stage 2 Kit uses 3.75" Pulley
- 9.5psi of Boost Gains about 725HP
- Runs on 91 Octane
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development than Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system. The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized front feed Crusher air system and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure. Whether you're looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you're craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger systems delivers like no other SC system today. Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry leading drive-ability.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control and electronic throttle control. The vehicles PCM constantly monitors the engines torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in its ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower torque output until the problem can be cured. No other supercharger system has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability.
WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS S197 EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box (nearly double the stock horsepower)
- Front entry W185RF Gen 5 (3.0 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems (front entry design can be up to 8% more efficient then a side/rear entry) 3.0L is 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type allowing lower power consumption and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
- Over-sized Crusher inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation (unique Roval 132mm inlet)
- Front feed allows for over-sized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler (over 33% larger than competition) offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
- High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm