Callies: Magnum Crankshaft [LT1 LT4 LT5 L86 Engines]
* Average Weight for 4.000 in. Stroke Balanced to 1785g Bob. = 47 lbs.
* Magnums are Sold Rough Balanced to 1700g Bob.
* Gun Drilled Mains
* All Rod Journals Lightened
* Dual Linear Post Keyways
* Stroke Availability from 2.600 in. to 4.500 in.
* Heat Treatment = Perma Case Deep Nitride
* Additional Post Keyways, Custom Post Drilling
* Custom Flange Bolt & Dowel Drilling
* 2.100, 2.000, 1.888 and 1.825 Rod Journal Diameters
* Extended Length Post for LS7 Type Front Assembly
* Custom Reluctor Hub Machining or Removal
* 24 or 58 Tooth Billet Reluctors Installed
These shafts are machined to the tolerances demanded by today's high performance engine builder. Roundness and taper are held to less than .0003 on all rod and main journal diameters. Our final polishing procedures produce excellent load carrying surfaces that ensure extended bearing life and trouble free operation.
Each DragonSlayer features the Callies Ultra-Case nitride treatment. This heat treatment method produces a deep case that enhances strength while creating an extremely hard load bearing wear surface. The Ultra-Case process generates a layer of hardened steel deep enough to maintain its integrity even after a -.010 regrind.
Callies heat treat expertise combined with our high purity premium 4340 forging produce strength of unparalleled value. All DragonSlayers are produced with standard Chevy rod journal diameters and widths for SBC, BBC, LS1, and Mopar applications.